Ofuz 0.5.8 has quite a few new features, and over 90 across the board improvements. In this blog post, I want to tell you about the new Auto Responder feature in Ofuz.
An Auto Responder is a mailing list feature that sends timed followup messages to your mailing list. You create a sequence of email templates and tell the Auto Responder how long to wait before sending each one. Then, when new people join your mailing list, the Auto Responder sends out your emails at your chosen intervals using the merge fields from your email templates to personalize each email.
Auto Responders can be a great way to convert contacts into customers. Remember the following important facts:
- On average, it takes 7 contacts within 18 months to make a sale. Reference
- 2% of sales are made on the first contact, 3% on the second, 5% on the third, 10% on the fourth, and 80% on the fifth to twelfth! Reference
Auto Responder sequences should provide interesting or valuable information to your contacts, and it should remind them about the benefits of becoming a customer.
Here’s how to set up an Auto Responder in Ofuz.
- Sign in to your Ofuz account.
- Set up any email templates that you plan to use for your Auto Responder.
- In the top right of the Ofuz page, click Settings.
- On the left navigation bar, click Auto Responder.
- Click Create New.
- In the Auto Responder Name field, type a name for your new Auto Responder.
- In the Tag Name field, choose the tag that you want to associate with this Auto Responder. Contacts tagged with this tag will receive your new Auto Responder sequence.
- Click Create.
- The new Auto Responder appears in your list of Auto Responders. Click the new Auto Responder’s name.
- Click here to the right of You do not have any auto responder Email Templates for Auto Responder1.
- Either click Select Email Template and choose an existing email template to add to your Auto Responder, or create a new email template using the form that appears.
- Fill in the Name field with a name for this template.
- Fill in the Subject field with the subject you want this email to have.
- In the Send it in field, type the number of days you want to wait before sending this message.
- In the Message editor, create your message.
- Click Create.
- To create additional emails for this Auto Responder, click Add a new email, and then repeat steps 11 – 16.
That’s all there is to it! Ofuz contacts that are tagged with the tag assigned to your new Auto Responder will automatically receive personalized emails at the intervals you’ve chosen. You can really save yourself some time by combining the Ofuz Web Form feature with the Auto Responder feature.